Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Single One Year

Remarkably, it has been one year plus a couple of months since I've been in any romantic relationship. After divorce I dated sporadically until I realized nothing would replace the life that ended with my divorce.

So I got out of dating and worrying about dating and worked hard to keep myself out, focused on me and my goals, actions, feelings, family, on now, on relationship grist I've harvested from a six year marriage and three or four short-lived relationships before and after it.

Now I am in such a different, better place in my life. It's my life, for one, my stuff, my problems, my solutions, my life to live as I choose until I am dead. No one else is cuddling me at night (except my two cats) but neither is anyone else in my life inhibiting my freedom, demanding my attention or disappointed in my inability to provide happiness and security for them.

So I think it's good. It may not last. But it is good, has been good. I owe gratitude to the universe. I am fortunate in so many ways. I hope you are too.

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 11, 11:34:00 AM 2011, Blogger Unknown said...

I now understand why marriages end..Love and romance are beautiful and cannot be duplicated.. Marriage partners should be accomplices not dictators..

 
At Mon Apr 11, 11:38:00 AM 2011, Blogger Unknown said...

I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY MARRIAGES END.. LOVE AND ROMANCE CANNOT BE DUPLICATED.. MARIAGE PARTNERS SHOULD BE GRATEFUL, HUMOROUS AND ACCOMPLICES NOT DICTATORS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home