Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Back from India

Scott on bench in front of Taj Mahal, Agra, India
I realized a goal and desire I've had for a long time, which was to travel to India and experience the culture and people and land.

For the past few years I had been hoping and planning a trip to India - several near opportunities and sensible plans were considered. The two most stubborn obstacles were constraints on money and time away from work. I figured all along that the most I could possibly hope to do would be three weeks in India, using all of my vacation time and a rather large budget.

So I wound up being able to go through my job and career. My employer happened to have a need for someone to go to India to work with the technical team there. I came along to fill another role onshore, in America, but soon became aware of the opportunity to work in India. I made sure my boss knew I was willing and interested. A few months later I was on a plane, in business class no less, on an international flight from Boston, USA to Hyderabad, India via Frankfurt, Germany.

I wound up staying in India not for three weeks, but three months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home