Monday, September 18, 2006

Sudbury River Clean Up

Cleaned up the Sudbury River near my house on September 9, 2006 with my brother Dan, and my friends and neighbors Judy and Jim. I initiated and helped organize it with the help of Judy and some of her connections in town. One of the connections, Michele, was able to get the DPW to come for free to a nearby open area and collect all the trash we hauled up from under the bridges by my house! There was a crew of volunteers working on the decking and boardwalk on the nearby nature trail. It was a beautiful day too.

Here's a picture of the junk we hauled up, piled and somewhat sorted at the end of the Old Danforth St Bridge:


The junk pile included:
  • 12 bicycles
  • 7 or 8 tires
  • 3 shopping carts
  • 3 traffic cones
  • 3 wheel rims
  • 2 scooters
  • 1 car door
  • 1 golf club
  • 1 reclining chair
  • 1 toy trumpet
  • 1 mailbox
  • sundry pipes, wires, bottles, wheels and other things

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home