Monday, September 18, 2006

The Road - Cormac McCarthy's New Novel

After catching up on a lot of missed middle and high school reading the past couple years (everything from Orwell to Carson McCullers to Hemingway), my latest favorite author is Cormac McCarthy.

Amazon.com sent me a message today, since I have bought stuff there before, telling me that McCarthy's new book is available for pre-order. I was psyched. I just started reading McCarthy's books this year and I've read several, just finishing his latest novel, No Country for Old Men, a week or two ago. Now I hear from IMDB and another Web resource that the Coen brothers are making a movie of No Country for Old Men.

Anyway, it doesn't appear as The Road needs my publicity efforts; it's slated to be the Book of the Month Club's "selection of the month" for October. McCarthy is such an excellent writer, I look forward to my copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home