Thursday, October 20, 2005

Blogging with Flock - an Update on Web Browsers

Many Web users flocked to Flock's website to try Flock when the new beta came out today. They should call it 'Flox,' just to be cool with the 'X factor' and to rhyme with Firefox.

When was the last time you got to try out a new Web browser? When was the last time you heard there was one to try? Probably Firefox, if you're like most experienced Web surfers (beta 2 of Firefox 1.5 is out, by the way). I think the last new one, other than Firefox or Opera, that I tried was konquerer in KDE on Linux a few years ago. Well, now there's Flock, which is supposed to be a revolutionary "social browser," a browser that comes out of the box with awareness of and features for blogging, browsing, social bookmarking and image sharing on sites such as del.icio.us and flickr (I don't see anything for flikr yet, but maybe there ought to be).

I blogged this entry with Flock's (not flox) built in blog editor, which was a cinch to set up via a wizard (whether you already have a blog). The UI of flock looks great on Mac OS X for me. The HTML blog editor supports advanced Javascript and CSS editing very slickly. I have run into three bugs so far, including a typo in a dialog. And I am about to find out whether the blog submittal of the built-in editor works or not. :-) Here goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home